Sunday, September 11, 2016

Nate and Beth Posts April to Aug 2016

Hi All

I'm catching up on blogs.  Last week I posted the Chris and Lisa updates.  This week it's Nate and Beth family.

3 April 2016

I played tennis with Nate and Spence, Preston, Lauryn.  We practiced hitting against the wall.  Lauryn out of the blue told me, “My Dad is not fat, he is large”.

 June 13, 2016
  
Camden had his third birthday party which was pretty amazing.  He had a dinosaur cake and a lot of great presents.



 
I went to Spencer’s swim meet at Cottonwood High School.  He did great, placing first and third in two heats.  He has improved his swimming a great deal.  When we were at the Rec Center I raced with him and he killed me. 

 9 July 2016

I took Spencer and Preston golfing at Swan Lake this week.  It was fun to see them hit the ball.  They got better throughout the time we were there. 

Sandy and I took Lauryn and Camden to the zoo.  They were excited and enjoyed being there.  We saw the Elephant show, the Bird show and the Nature show.  

Lauryn asked us if we were “sad when my Dad moved out to marry my mom?”  She also told us that Hawaii is “famous for potatoes”.

We Lauryn had a wonderful birthday party. 





9 Aug 2016

Last week we watched Spencer, Preston, Lauryn and Camden while Beth took care of her Mother after surgery.  We had a very enjoyable time with them.  Friday morning we went to the Hill Air Force Base Museum and afterwards I took Spencer and Preston swimming while Lauryn did art with Sandy and Preston took a nap.  That evening we had dinner with Nate and the kids and with Brian and his kids.  Nate and the kids slept overnight.  Saturday morning Spencer and Preston “played” tennis with me while Sandy watched Camden and Lauryn at the playground.  That evening we had a wonderful cookout in Mueller Park with Nate and kids, Brian and kids and Kaelynn/Matt kids.  All the kids could not stop laughing when Kaelynn told the story of “I got you where I want you now I’m going to eat you”. 




Nate and I took Spencer and Preston on a great backpacking trip to Wall Lake in the Uintas.  We caught two nice brook trout, played “camoulflauge” , talked about foofing, pooping and other scout-like stuff.  On the way back we stopped for hamburgers and milkshakes. They were a lot of fun to be with and hope they have good memories.  Unfortunately, Brian and his kids nor Chris and his kids could come.

 4 September 2016

We had another picnic with the Nate and kids, Brian and kids and Kaelynn and kids at Woodland Park.  We had some delicious sloppy joes and other.  We had some contests: three-legged race, crab walk and hopping races.  Camden walked around picking up sticks for the fire; Sarah hugged me and said that she missed me; Jaimee thanked us and helped bring stuff to the car.  It was a lovely evening. 





No comments: